Hello everyone! May has been very exciting for Daddy, Mommy and me. As you can see, my daddy finally graduated from the Cincinnati Fire Recruit Program after six long months. Not only did he do well on all his tests, but he is quite handsome in his Class A's. May 31st was Daddy's Family Day with his fire class at the 29's downtown Cincy. This is where they showed off doing all kinds of fun stuff like setting things on fire and putting them out, sawing logs and repelling from a seven story building, like my daddy did. Daddy's instructors also made them do push ups and call cadences while running. 
Here we are on top of the fire tower at the 29's. Grandma and Grandpa Scudder and Aunt Sandy and Uncle Dale came to celebrate Family day with us.
Before the class made their entrance, they ran around the outside of the fire yard chanting cadences. Once they were in position they had roll call and did a few exercises. The class was made up of 37 men and one woman.
Before the class made their entrance, they ran around the outside of the fire yard chanting cadences. Once they were in position they had roll call and did a few exercises. The class was made up of 37 men and one woman.
After their exercises they had to put on all of their fire gear within 2 minutes and then run to their stations so
they could show off even more.(Below) Daddy is in the window to the right.
The next day, June 1st, Daddy graduated from recruit school. He is now a full time Cincinnati Firefighter! WOO HOO!!! The lighting wasn't so great in the building, and we didn't get the best seats, so it was sort of hard to have a good view of Daddy. Oh, Mommy was told that I was on the channel 19 news for Daddy's graduation. Did anyone see me? I didn't, but I'm sure I was just so darn cute! Below are a few pictures of Daddy on his graduation day. A group of bagpipe players made quite an entrance for themselves as well as for all the recruits. The last picture is Daddy's coworker from Cheviot Fire Department, Captain Kevin Gannon, who came to cheer him on.

Since my Grandmas live 45 minutes from me, in opposite directions, I couldn't see both of them the same day. But, on Mother's Day, Mommy, Daddy and I went to see Grandma Scudder to give her a present and pictures of me. Below are a few more pictures of how our day went. That's right, those are squirt guns Papaw is holding... what was I thinking? Oh, this isn't my first time being kissed by a dog... I'm sure it's not my last. Perry sure loved me though!
After we visited Grandma and Grandpa Scudder we went home and gave Mommy her Mother's Day gift. I bought her a Swedish massage with Daddy's money. She has yet to use it, but I'm sure she'll like it! Here are some pictures of Mommy and me after we gave her her present.


After Mother's Day came the Family Day Picnic for Daddy's Fire Class at Harvest Home Park in Cheviot. Since Mommy and Daddy were so busy with friends and making sure their drinks stayed cold, we only took one picture. But, it is a very cute one!

The next week Mommy and I went to the Cincinnati Zoo with Lisa, Abby and Taylor Staab. As you can see from the picture, due to my expressionless face... it was a pretty hot day. Despite my appearance, I was having a blast on the carousel. I can't wait to go again!


After Mother's Day came the Family Day Picnic for Daddy's Fire Class at Harvest Home Park in Cheviot. Since Mommy and Daddy were so busy with friends and making sure their drinks stayed cold, we only took one picture. But, it is a very cute one!
The next week Mommy and I went to the Cincinnati Zoo with Lisa, Abby and Taylor Staab. As you can see from the picture, due to my expressionless face... it was a pretty hot day. Despite my appearance, I was having a blast on the carousel. I can't wait to go again!
Sometime throughout the this month, Daddy hung a tree swing for me. I think he got this idea from cousin Kim. When she hosted our cousin, Kory Scudder's 30th birthday, she let me swing on her swingset. (Happy birthday, by the way... Oh, sorry Mommy beat you in cornhole on your birhtday!) Below, you can see how much fun it is! I would share, but it has a weight limit and I'm not too sure I am even in it's range. (just kidding)


Here is a picture of Mommy's friend, Lindsey. She came over to hang out one morning and wound up putting me to sleep. As you can see from the picture, there was no sleeping for her with that espresso sitting behind her.
Here is just a little about me: I now have 4 teeth and I'm pretty sure I'm still drooling for some reason. I crawl all over the house (I follow Mommy, Daddy and Buttercup around). I learned how to pull myself up into a standing position and I can now walk along side couches. Daddy gave me my first cookie, which is a teether biscuit. He also gave me some pineapple Jello. That was very yummy! Also, I'm learning how to style Mommy's hair! My favorite words are: "Da Da," "Ma Ma," "La Da Da" (which means- Love Daddy), and "Buh Buh" (which is nothing short of Buttercup... that silly cat! I almost forgot about her... she stole my new playpen!) I am pretty happy over here on Chardale Court with a stay at home mommy and a daddy who can't get enough of me. I hope you enjoy the rest of the pictures.
Well, this month has made me so tired from all it's activities. I'm going to finish napping now, then wake up and get started on next month's blog. Maybe I'll be walking the next time you visit! I hope you'll smell me later!























1 comment:
Your family is beautiful. Congrats to Derek!! I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. --Becky
Post a Comment