
Hello! It's so good to see you checking me out again! A lot has been going on in my busy life! Not only do I talk a heck of a lot now, but I sing a heck of a lot now too! My favorite song is "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed." And, oh... am I ever so cute when I sing it! My most favorite time to sing it is when Daddy is jumping with me on the bed or the couches. He can make me go higher in the air when he lands on the bed! It's a lot of fun!
Let's see... I like my backyard tree swing and counting to 3 when Daddy lets go. Other favorite activities that top my list are: (still) Daddy or Mommy chasing me, tag or peek-a-boo, chasing Buttercup, long walks on the beach, brushing my teeth, watching a little t.v. and play areas that are inside or outside. My favorite foods are strawberries, pizza, Goldfish crackers, almost any fruit, cheese (Daddy says that it is to go with my whine), just about any carb, and popsicles or ice cream. Things I don't like... tomatoes, having my hair brushed, someone else buckling me in my carseat besides me, "bees" (Mommy says they are ants) crawling on me, and I don't like time-out. Please just spank me and get it over with already!
This is funny! But... Mommy was so mad that she said she just had to laugh. One morning, after Mommy taught me how to wash my hair the night before, I decided to try it all by myself. Mommy went upstair for something, so... (She really should have left the potty room door closed!!!) When she came down stairs, she saw that my hands were wet up to my elbows and not only was my hair wet, but the cat's was too! I was having so much fun washing our hair! But, Mommy ruined it for me. She said that potty water is dirty, spanked me, and sat me in time-out while she cleaned up my mess. I think I sat in time out 3 times that day.
While I'm on the bathroom talk... last week, while Daddy was using the bathroom downstairs and Mommy was in the shower upstairs, I decided to take a trip up stairs to the spare bathroom and brush my teeth. When Daddy came to find me I was standing on top of the toilet tank, medicine cabinet open so I could get my toothbtrush and the water was running in the sink. Hey... when a girl knows what she wants, watch out!!! Daddy yelled at me and then I heard him laughing about it with Mommy a few minutes later. They think I don't know, but I hear things!




Okay, here we go... May: I went on vacation with Mommy, Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa Scudder to Fort Walton Beach, Florida. While we were there we went to their Bass Pro Shop for Papa. As you can tell from the photos above, the shark I caught was pretty big! It didn't want to eat Papa though. Mommy and Grandma tried! But, daddy thought it would find me tastier. Let's just say Mommy had to put a clean diaper on me after that!
While we were on vacation I made a new buddy! Literally, I made Rosie at the Build-a -Bear Workshop. We had a ceremony for her while we were there and even gave her a heart. She has a pretty cool tie-dyed t-shirt to go with her great smile! I sleep with her, rather on her. And, I take her everywhere, even on walks! Mommy says that Rosie doesn't like Goldfish Crackers, but I keep trying!REMEMBER: Turn the volume off on the music playlist box (at the very bottom of the page) before playing this video. The volume is in the upper right corner of the box.
The BEACH!!! I was so afraid of the sand and ocean water. It took Daddy 20 minutes of talking to me before I would let him put me down. The sand was so weird to walk on and the water wasn't warm! Once he put me down and started to walk away, I started crying. He's not nice because he just started laughing at me. The only water I didn't mind was the pool! I don't even like bath water! Mommy and Daddy can't get me to sit down, so I take showers. Towards the middle of the week I was playing with a girl my age named Sarah. We built emormous sand castles that stood 6 inches high! I had so much fun with her.
Most of our time spent in Florida was on the beach. Yeah, you can call me a beach babe now! I'm experienced! And, you are probably wondering about the car ride... on the way down I slept maybe 2 hours and was awake and silent the rest of the time. I'm just like Papa... I don't want to miss out on anything. On the way back I slept almost the entire time! I will say this: it looked like I had the most comfortable seat out of everyone! Yay, me! Oh, and don't tell Rosie, but, I ate alligator and elk when I was down there. Keep it between us!
June... started out very sad. GG (Great Grandma Marty) had to tell Great Papa Marty, " I will see you later." Last year, he told GG that he wished he could spend another lifetime with her. He was always the sweetest! G.Papa fought so hard for 6 months after his 5 bipasses on his big heart. And, with much love, honor and respect, GG had to honor his will. Mommy says that GG's and G. Papa's relationship was so wonderful because you could truly tell they were far more than best friends! She says that if ever there was to be a couple to represent the unity of marriage it was them!
When ever G. Papa walked into the room everyone knew it. He had the happiest face and his build demanded attention... even when he wasn't asking for it. Christmas Parties and Easter Egg Hunts will still be very special because of all our memories with him. But, even though he is resting somewhere else, it still feels like he is here with us! G. Papa, we love you so much and will always remember all the times we shared. And don't worry... I will swing with GG in your backyard.




In June, Mommy and I joined Daddy for the Cincinnati Firefighter's Family Day Picnic at Stricker's Grove. I had so much fun! I rode a ride all by myself! My favorite rides were the Choo Choo Train, the Merry-Go-Round and an Elephant ride that you could make go up and down. Mommy made it jerk up and down and I just laughed so hard! While we were there Mommy ate a ton of ice cream. Daddy says that's why her belly is so big now. And, I played in my stroller with a lot of ice water. It was so hot that day that playing with ice was actually great! Oh, I also won a Dora the Explorer water sprinkler, which I am very scared to use!



Also, in June, the three of us went to our neighbor's wedding, Brandy and Chad. I don't know why they didn't take their boxer, Nova... I mean the dog loves me! Brandy did say that the wedding was all about me anyway. I don't really understand that, but I did take over the entire dance floor as soon as I walked in the door. Maybe that's what she meant? While Mommy and Daddy were finding seats, I was strutting my stuff. I brake-danced with the flower girl and ring bearer... well, I scooted on my bottom while they did some super cool moves. Then I danced with Brandy. I didn't want to make Brandy jealous, so I didn't take any blackmale pictures of me dancing with Chad. I should have though! I still want that license plate for my bike he promised me! Anyway, the ceremony was beautiful and the reception was tons of fun! I ate chocolate that night and I still slept. I guess that's what 2.5 hours of dancing will do to a 1.5 year old. Congrats Brandy and Chad! Will you have another reception so I can dance?
Along with the congrats... my cousin Steven graduated from High School... Whew! What a relief! And, cousin Kayliegh graduated too! We couldn't make her party because we were still in Florida then. And, we couldn't make our cousin, Trish and Derek's wedding because we were also still on vacation. I sure would have torn up that dance floor though! Sorry you missed me! Oh, and, Mommy and Daddy's friend, Sarah, graduated from college! Good luck in the real world... that's what everyone else was saying too... I don't really know what that means though. But, I don' think she'll find it hard to get a good job... she is super smart! Oh... here's a pic of me and Steven. As you can tell, I was ready to take a nap!The rest of the pictures are in the slide shows. While watching them you will see that I really baked brownies for Daddy on Father's Day... and it wasn't in my diaper this time! Also, we went to Lunken Airport and saw some planes land and take off. I really thought I heard Uncle Darin... that's right, I said Uncle Darin... I don't have to say Uckabees anymore because I'm super smart! Anyway, I thought I heard him in a helicopter, but Daddy said it was just an airplane. And, I went to Daddy's work to see him and his fire trucks. I really like honking the horns! Then I played with Abby and Taylor Staab in their fun pool until it stormed! We still had a ton of fun inside! A few days before Father's Day we met Grandma and Granpa Scudder to give him his Father's Day card. In there was a picture of him and baby Daddy. Although, it looked so much like me that that's who I told him it was... "Madilyn." He thought that was pretty funny! Lastly, you will see me unlocking some doors with and without my time-out steps. It's the only good thing those steps are used for!
REMEMBER: Turn the volume off on the music playlist box (at the very bottom of the page) before playing this video! The volume is in the upper right corner.
I hope you enjoyed all my chatter! As you can see, I have worn Buttercup out! She doesn't know it yet... but, I'm going to turn the water on. She'll be awake then! Then, I think I'll lay down and take a nap because I will have chased her around for a while. And, I'm going to be very tired! I hope you'll smell me later!


No comments:
Post a Comment